Portland, Oregon

My elderly father decided this Christmas he would host a dinner for all the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and that would be our gift.It was such a lovely thought and we were all looking forward to it the week prior to Christmas.

He decided we would all go to Olive Garden because he loved that restaurant about 10 years ago and thought it would be great. We were kinda skeptical, but didn't want to hurt his feelings by vetoing his idea. We all met at the restaurant at Clackamas Town Center in Portland, Oregon -- and the service was lousy. The two women taking care of our table of 12 really didn't want to be there.

When my step-mom, who is nearly 90 and a little hard of hearing, was slow in placing her order the waitress "Rachel" stood behind her and rolled her eyes. I should have complained at that point but, again, didn't want to hurt my folks' feelings. My dad is one of the nicest gentlemen EVER and to have a couple of snotty waitresses treat them like that was deplorable.

Of course, the 18% tip is automatically added on at the Olive Garden so they don't need to be friendly, fast, courteous or even polite.Never going there again --

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Olive Garden?

Comments

nomames

:sigh poor baby......you want your happy ch...back!NO MAMES

ServerForYou
#200813

DO NOT JUST TAKE THIS ABUSE: You are an absolute *** and I would punch you in the face if I knew who you were.

taste
Chicora, Pennsylvania, United States #197779

I will make xmas better for ya. I want you to savor the flavor and taste my p_e_n_i_s.

Alex

Olive Garden ruined Christmas????? get over yourself, and get a life. So a server rolling her eyes ruined the whole Christmas for you

azley

i like how you go to the olive garden on christmas and expect your server to want to be there...

and i HIGHLY doubt the waitress rolled her eyes. that is probably a fragment of your imagination.

good thing the gratuity is included or stuck up, cheap customers like yourself wouldn't tip anyway.

do the servers of the world a favor and stay out of EVERY restuarant.

Irish
Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #130268

Your elderly father cannot be that great if he raised you to be the way you are.

nicole

I actually use to work for red lobster and its owned by the same company as olive garden anyway i believe that for any table over 6 or 8 they add the tip however for any reason the customer doesnt have to pay that just let the waitress or management know and this gos for any place ... sorry you had a bad exp

anna

how can they add a tip?refuse to pay that.

i do not believe that is legal. boycott any place that adds a tip.

that means they do not care if you get good service.don't be fools, go to places who do not rob you.

DO NOT JUST TAKE THIS ABUSE.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALESPERSONS NAME. DEMAND THEIR CARD. GO TO ANOTHER STAFF PERSON TO GET THE NAME OF THE OFFENDER IF YOU MUST. TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. DO NOT STOP. DO NOT BE BRUSHED OFF. TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE THE JERKS JOB. THEY DESERVE TO BE FIRED OR THEY WILL KEEP ABUSING PEOPLE AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT AFTER.

I AM A FRIENDLY, POLITE, KIND CUSTOMER BUT AFTER TOO MUCH NONSENSE AND ABUSE I LEARNED TO TAKE ACTION AND STAND UP FOR MYSELF WHEN I AM ABUSED. I do this whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FIRED. THE MANAGERS WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE REPEAT OFFENDERS WITH MANY COMPLAINTS IN SOME CASES BUT I WILL BE RELENTLESS AND DEMAND THEY ARE FIRED IF THE ABUSE IS SERIOUS SUCH AS TELLING LIES ABOUT WARRENTIES, BEING NASTY OR MAKING SEXUAL REMARKS. BE A PITT BULL. BE RELENTLESS. REPORT THEM TO ANY CONSUMER CENTER AND ALL OVER THE NET. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT. It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie,...

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLY YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT A WAY FOR A MISERABLE CUSTOMER TO GET REVENGE. IT'S FOR THE POLITE, HONEST, DECENT CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN ABUSED ONLY.***

Linda

You know, I had the worst restaurant meal of my life at Olive Garden, and it was over 10 years ago, but I never got over it.This was on Middlebelt in Livonia Michigan.

The spaghetti was so bad that it all stuck together in one mass, and I was able to lift it up by one corner.

I kept asking for water but never got it.I'm still angry at myself for paying for the meal.